Our Services
Book Online!

International Shipping

As a member of NorthAmerican Van Lines, we offer complete cross border moving services that have become one of the most reliable and time efficient in the industry. Whether you are moving to Canada, the U.S., or overseas we can handle all of your relocation needs. Our sales consultants are well informed on cross border moving so we can assist you and your family with all cross border services.

We offer the following services for US relocations:
• bonded U.S. and Canadian carrier
• Fully insured
• Fully equipped moving units
• Professional and reliable staff

For your US relocation, you will also need to provide us with the following documentation:
If you are a Canadian citizen:
• A passport and photo identification
• Birth certificate
• Work visa or I-94 multiple entry for himself and family
• Social insurance number
• A 3299 Form

If you are returning to the United States:
• Passport and photo identification
• Birth certificate
• Social security number
• A 3299 Form

If it is an Estate move:
• Notarized letter from the Trustee of the Estate
• Death Certificate
• 3299 Form filled out in the name of the US resident

If you are sending a vehicle to the United States, it will need to meet specifications of the U.S. Federal Emission Standards and U.S. Federal Safety Standards. Please ask your sales consultant on how to obtain this information.

The "United States Bioterrorism Act, 2002" prohibits the inclusion of food and related items from being imported into the United States on a commercial carrier truck unless the owner of the goods has received prior notice approval from the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) office. This restriction is applied to all commercial carriers including household goods movers.

For purposes of this customs regulation, food and food related items include: Canned goods, candy, snack food, infant formula, dietary supplements and dietary ingredients, beverages, pet food, vegetables, fish and seafood, dairy products, eggs and food and feed ingredients.

A customer can however move food and food related items in their personal vehicle or in their luggage if traveling by air or rail. The items must be made available to U.S. Customs for inspection. If transported by one of these methods, then prior FDA approval is not required.

Customers who want to obtain the necessary prior notice approval from FDA in order to include their food items in their household goods shipments, traveling on a commercial moving van, should contact the FDA at 1-866-521-2297 for more information. A comprehensive booklet "Prior Notice of Imported Food Questions and Answers" is published by the FDA and can be found on their website at: www.cfsan.fda.gov

There are a number of restrictions relating to firearms. It is best not to ship these items with your household. You must contact the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) to obtain an import permit. Some antique firearms are exempt from this requirement but you should speak to the ATF for full information. Call them at: 202-927-7777.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture has recently imposed a ban on the
importation of household plants and bare-rooted outdoor plants. Contact
your local customs office for more information.


Contact Information
U.S. Customs Office
P.O. Box 7407
Washington, DC 20044
(202) 354-1000
Website: www.customs.gov
(go to Importing/Exporting icon and then to Informal Entries & Goods for personal use)

Form 3299 is also available for submission online through the US customs website. Visit www.customs.gov for more information on relocating to the United States of America.

To obtain any of the forms mentioned above or to find out more information, please call your Abbotsford Moving and Storage representative for assistance.

Please visit our contact us page to find the number for a professional Residential Moving Consultant.